Southmere Phase 1A is the first of a number of phases to regenerate the Thamesmead area.
The works entailed the building of two tower blocks and 26 town houses. The energy centre built and housed in the ground floor car park of Sparrow Court provides heating to phase 1A, 1B, Binsey Walk (phase two) and the Southmere Civic and Library Building.
A high specification project for Peabody; Fairheat design requirements are in place to ensure efficiency requirements are met.
Promech have been employed to carry out the following works:
• Mains Cold Water from the Incoming Supply Feeding the Cold Water Storage Tank.
• Boosted Cold Water Distribution
• Gas Installation from the Meter Position to Boilers in Adjacent Plant Room.
• Energy Centre Installation.
• Mechanical Controls and Building Management Systems (BMS)
• LTHW Distribution and Heat Interface Units to Apartments and Townhouses
• Dry Riser Installations
• Fire Protection Sprinklers
• Above Ground Drainage Services
• Internal and External Rainwater Services
• Site Wide Energy Metering
• General Ventilation Systems (Bin stores etc)
• Stairwell Smoke and Environmental Ventilation Systems
• Car Park Ventilation Systems
• CAT5 Installations and Irrigation Supplies
• Landlords Services
• Hot And Cold Water Services Installed to Apartments and Townhouses
• Heating Services to Apartments and Townhouses
• Central Mechanical Extract Ventilation Systems to Apartments and Townhouses
• Sanitaryware Supplied And Fixed To All Properties
• All Services Provided Tested And Commissioned.